What are some signs that may indicate it’s time for an air duct cleaning?
Check out these tips from DRX Duct Cleaning, the most exclusive duct cleaners in NJ. Here are some clues that you may be due for an air duct cleaning with us:
- If you suspect, or can physically see mold, mildew, slime, or other growth.
- Foul odors coming from your vents when you turn on your system.
- When dust or cobwebs are blowing from the ductwork, or visible on the registers.
- Frequent allergy flare-ups or general feelings of illness among members of your household.
- If your home has fiberglass ductwork, which is more susceptible to harboring contaminants than sheet metal ductwork.
- If your home has had any water damage.
- If there is evidence of insect or rodent infestation.
Throughout the year, dust and other debris can accumulate in the ductwork of your home. Air ducts can be a breeding ground for mold, mildew, and other growths which can be hazardous to your health. Having your air ducts cleaned regularly has been shown to reduce these types of buildup, which can, in turn, reduce allergy responses and feelings of illness related to poor indoor air quality. Clean ductwork can also increase the efficiency and lifespan of your HVAC system.
It is also recommended that you
- Change air filters regularly. (Every 3 months.)
- Keep up with regularly scheduled annual maintenance and cleaning.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Ensure air intakes are properly located.
If it’s time for your home’s routine duct cleaning in NJ, schedule an appointment with the experts at DRX Duct Cleaning. We are proud members of the National Air Duct Cleaners Association and have been serving locations across NJ for over 10 years. Our staff has a combined 75 years of experience in the industry, and we provide the best air duct cleaning service the greater NJ area has to offer. In addition, we guarantee a NADCA certified technician on-site at every job every time.