Symptoms of Allergic reaction caused by Indoor Air Pollution:
- Worsening asthma, allergies, and other respiratory problems
- Headaches & nausea
- Shortness of breath
- Sinus congestion, sneezing, and coughing
- Eye, skin, nose, and throat irritations
- Memory loss, dizziness, fatigue, and depression
Are you or any of your household members suffering from any of the symptoms
A majority of people are exposed to mold every day without experiencing any side effects.
However, people that already have preexisting mold allergies can have a reaction if they are
subject to an abundant amount of mold; with symptoms such as wheezing, rashes or hives,
itchy eyes, and respiratory failure. “One out of every six allergy sufferers’ symptoms can be
directly linked to the mold in air ducts.” cited from a 2005 study organized by the National
Institutes of Health in Total Health Magazine.
How to Avoid Mold Growth in Your Air Ducts
As you can see, the air ducts in your home are the biggest culprit. When the air conditioning system
cools down your home it leaves remnants of water inside causing a perfect environment for microbial
The EPA advises that you should have your ducts cleaned if there is noticeable mold growth on
the surface of your ducts, but there are many areas of your HVAC system that are not easily
visible. In order to bypass mold growth in your HVAC system, you must diminish origins of
moisture and have your air ducts cleaned as needed.
Eliminating and Preventing Mold in Air Ducts
- Get your HVAC system checked out by a NADCA certified company-having the ducts
cleaned by a NADCA certified company ensures that you will have your ducts cleaned by
- Set your air conditioning system on “recirculate” – by doing this, your system will extract
most of the mold & pollen from your home.
- Consider having hardwood floors or tile in your home as opposed to carpet.
- Before entering your home take off shoes or wipe them thoroughly before entering.
Schedule Your Air Duct Cleaning Today!
Is it time to schedule a cleaning for your home’s air duct system? Seasonal cleaning could help you prevent an unpleasant allergic reaction. Give the DRX DUCT LLC team a call today at (908) 755-2950 to schedule your air duct cleaning in North Plainfield and Bridgewater, NJ. You’ll enjoy cleaner air in no time!