Did you know that five to seven times a day, the air in your home circulates throughout a system of air ducts? As this air travels, it’s passing over dust, dead skin cells, dirt, allergens, hair, and other debris and respiratory irritants produced by everyday living? These respiratory irritants are left to collect in the ducts. This air then blows back out for you and your family to breathe in again.
Your furnace filter is meant to catch a lot of the debris, but poor maintenance, lack of proper precautions during remodeling renovation projects, or poorly installed ducts can lead to a buildup of unhealthy junk inside your ductwork that threatens the efficiency and lifespan of your HVAC system.
Are Dirty Air Ducts Bad For The Health Of You And Your Loved Ones?
While the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) states that as of yet, there are no current studies that prove air duct cleaning prevents health problems, some people will be more vulnerable to dust, pet dander, or other airborne particles than others. These include young babies and children, people with allergies, asthma, compromised immune systems, people with pre-existing respiratory conditions, and the elderly. For these people, cleaning the air ducts eliminates the contaminants that their air must pass over before it reaches them. If it makes your eyes water or nose itchy just thinking about what could be in your air ducts, hiring the right professionals to clean your home is a worthwhile investment. Before you call in the pros, take a peek to see if your ducts are dirty.
Take a Quick Look For Any Of These Symptoms
- Visible dust, debris, or other particles that are blowing out of the supply registers
- Mold growth on the inside of ducts.
- dead insects or rodent excrement in the ducts.
Reasons To Clean Air Ducts
- Cleaning the ducts will remove any accumulated dust or debris so they won’t continue to cycle through the house.
- When you remove any debris, dust, or cobwebs, it increases airflow and the efficiency of your system, saving you money on energy costs, and increasing the lifespan of your system.
- Are you ducts made from fiberglass? Fiberglass has a tendency to collect more dust than sheet metal, so it’s a good idea to have it cleaned regularly.
Choosing The Right Duct Cleaning Company
Beware of the fly by night companies who are not certified, offer low prices, and even lower quality of service — and in some cases, don’t do anything at all except walk through the house, and then leave with your money. There are many scammers out there. DRX Duct Cleaning is proud to be NADCA certified and guarantees an NADCA certified tech on site at every job every time. We offer a variety of services including air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, sanitizing, chimney cleaning etc. We are NJ’s most exclusive duct cleaning company. For more information, give us a call today at 908.755.2950 to get your air ducts cleaned in New Jersey. We look forward to servicing you!